About the Department
The department of Information Science and Engineering was established in the year 1987 with an intake of 60 for UG program. Since then, the department has evolved over the years to portray its excellent academic performance. The intake was enhanced to 90 in the year 2000 and then to 120 in the year 2018. The PG programme, M.Tech in Computer Network and Engineering under VTU, was started in 2011 with an intake of 18
As an autonomous institution, the department has flexibility in designing the curriculum. The curriculum has been designed by considering the feedback from the stakeholders including final year students, Alumni, parents Industry experts and academicians of other premier Institutions. The courses offered cover the major upcoming technologies with more emphasis to fundamental concepts.
The innate strength of the department is its faculty. The department has 24 experienced faculty out of which 9 are PhD holders and 12 are pursuing PhD. All the faculty and staff committedly guide the students all the way through and make them adequately competent in order to match global standards. With student centric innovative practices and latest pedagogical concepts and training, the department transforms students into competent professionals with domain knowledge and skills to meet the challenges.
The research activities were promoted in the department with the launch of Research Center in the year 2011. There are 9 research supervisors guiding 25 research scholars in various research areas like Biometrics, Networks and Communications, Cloud Computing, Wireless Networks, Data Sciences, Natural Language Processing, Internet of Things etc.
Both UG and PG programme of the department have been accredited by NBA in Tier-I format [as per Washington Accord] till 2019-20. Department has very good computing facility with updated software and hardware to aid innovative teaching-learning methods and the research needs with campus wide internet connectivity.
The department has an outstanding placement record with an average placement percentage of 95% over last 3 years. Both UG and PG students are offered with Internship and Remote mentoring projects from various Industries during their final and pre-final years. The department has close interaction with companies such as EMC, TCS, SAP and IBM to promote student projects.
VISION and MISSION
- Promote Quality Human Resource Capital by inculcating in every student the art of Creativity and Productivity in the field of Information Technology.
- Offer High Quality Graduate, Post Graduate Programme in Information Technology to prepare students for higher studies and professional career in the industry.
- Provide good Teaching and Research environment for Quality Education in the field of Information Technology
Accreditation Details :
General instructions by HoD
- Every student should possess "Identity Cards" duly attested by Principal.
- Students must maintain a minimum of 85% sttendance.
- Mobile phones are prohibited in classrooms and labs.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in college premises.
- Students can avail leave only with prior intimation to their proctors.
- Minimum CIE requirement to take up semester end examination is 40%.